Waffled Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Waffling biscuits adds a lot more crispy surface area and creates the perfect nooks for the sausage gravy to pool in. This would also work[ with your favorite homemade cut biscuit dough.]
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage, removed from casings
- 2 scallions, whites and greens sliced separately
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 rounds store-bought biscuit dough
- Special equipment: waffle iron
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the scallion whites, garlic, allspice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir for 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir until toasted, about 1 minute. Pour in the milk and chicken broth and simmer, stirring until thick, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the scallion greens and parsley. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Place 1 biscuit round into each section of your waffle iron, close gently (don't push down) and cook until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
Place 2 biscuits on each plate and top with the sausage gravy.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
More Recipes and Ideas:
"Biscuits and Gravy" - Orange-Ginger Biscuits with Scallion-Pork Sausage Gravy, Sesame Mustard Greens and Soy-Glazed Bacon, 2 in 1 Gravy and Sausage-Stuffed Stuffing, Lemon and Sugar Mini Biscuits, Baked Ham Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes, Biscuit, Teriyaki Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.