Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
This salad is simple and makes an adorable and tasty addition to any lunch box.
- 6 ounces wagon wheel pasta
- 1 heaping cup very small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces thick-sliced ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 scant cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 scallions, sliced (optional)
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. About 30 seconds before the pasta is done, add the broccoli florets and corn kernels. Cook for 30 seconds and then drain into a colander. Run cold water over the pasta to stop the cooking. Keep the pasta draining in the colander while you make the dressing.
Whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
Add the well-drained pasta, broccoli, and corn to the bowl, along with the ham, cheese, tomatoes, parsley and scallions, if using. Toss together. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Per serving (1 1/2 cups): Calories 330; Fat 15 g (Saturated 3.5 g); Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 490 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; Protein 13 g; Fiber 3 g; Sugars 4 g
Thank you! your flag was submitted.