Whole-Wheat Pasta with Broccolini and Feta
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 10 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 4 (2 1/2 cup) main course servings
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini (about 10 ounces), stems cut into 2-inch stems, and florets
- 1 medium bunch radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 12 ounces whole-wheat rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Put the shallots in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for about 10 minutes; drain.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it generously. Fill a medium bowl with ice water and salt it as well. Add the broccolini to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the radish slices, and cook 30 seconds, more. Use a slotted spoon or strainer to scoop out the vegetables and plunge them immediately into the ice water. Drain the vegetables, pat them very dry.
Add the pasta to the same pot of boiling water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 to 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Whisk the sherry vinegar, orange zest, the 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste, in a large serving bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a dressing.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, Whole Wheat Pasta Mac-n-Cheddar, Whole-Wheat Linguine with Green Beans, Ricotta, and Lemon, Fire Island Burst Tomato Pasta with Lemon Herbed Goat Cheese Balls, Heart Healthy Recipes, Healthy Grilling, Low Fat Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.