- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons fruit juice, from pineapple or oranges in filling
- 1 (15-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, juice reserved
- 1 (20-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust: Place flour and sugar in bowl, cut in shortening. Add fruit juice. Mix until dough forms a ball. Add more juice if necessary. Divide ball into 2 pieces and roll out.
For the filling: Combine pineapple, oranges, cherry pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and lemon juice. Line a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with half of the rolled out pastry. Add filling, dot with margarine and top with other half of pastry. Make several slits in top crust. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. Mix together the powdered sugar and lemon and brush glaze on the pie.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.