Galway Bay Fried Oysters
- 6 large shucked oysters
- 1 1/2 pints stout, such as Guinness
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
Marinate the oysters in the beer for 30 minutes or more.
Heat a few inches of oil in a large saucepot to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Dredge the marinated oysters in the flour, and then shallow-fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Mike Marone, Galway Bay Irish Pub