- 6 large shucked oysters
- 1 1/2 pints stout, such as Guinness
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
Marinate the oysters in the beer for 30 minutes or more.
Heat a few inches of oil in a large saucepot to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Dredge the marinated oysters in the flour, and then shallow-fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.