Garlic Chicken Pasta with Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 5 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled and cut into strips or cubes 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into small strips
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan or Romano
- 5 roasted pasilla chiles, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded cut into strips
- Fresh basil, chiffonade for garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet and saute garlic until soft and light brown. Add tomatoes, proscuitto, chicken and butter; saute for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add basil, and saute for another 5 minutes. In a stockpot, bring water to boil and cook linguine until firm, al dente. Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl, add the chicken/tomato mixture, chiles, roasted peppers, and grated cheese; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.