- 4 steamed lobsters, meat removed (leave the meat whole)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 split-top potato buns or brioche hot dog buns, edges squared off
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Spicy Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives
- 8 lemon wedges
- Spicy Mayonnaise:
- 2 cups mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder, such as Colman's
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- Sriracha hot sauce, as needed
- Kosher salt
Toss the lobster meat with 2 tablespoons melted butter, the shallots and tarragon in a medium bowl.
Brush the cut sides of the buns with the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter. Grill the buns, cut-side down, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Dress the lettuce leaves with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place the dressed lettuce leaves in the toasted buns and add the lobster meat. Drizzle with the Spicy Mayonnaise and garnish with the chives. Serve with lemon wedges.Spicy Mayonnaise:
Combine the mayo, Dijon mustard, mustard powder, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and 1 teaspoon water in a bowl. Season with Sriracha and kosher salt.