Amaretto Chocolate Tart with Apricot Cream
- Butter, for greasing the tart pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons iced water, plus extra, as needed
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli (12 ounces)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Apricot Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, such as Bonne Maman
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Special equipment: One 9-inch tart pan with a removable base
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Liberally butter the tart pan.
For the crust: Combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour, almonds, cocoa powder and sugar in a food processor. Process until the almonds are finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture forms a coarse meal. With the processor running, gradually add 2 tablespoons of iced water until the mixture forms a ball, adding extra water, as needed, if the mixture is too dry. Form the dough into a disc and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Roll out the dough into a 10-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place the dough in the tart pan and trim any excess dough from the top of the pan. If the dough cracks, press scraps of dough into the cracks to seal. Prick the dough all over, using a fork, and bake for 15 minutes. Let the crust cool for 15 minutes.
For the filling: Place the chocolate and butter in a small bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Beat the eggs, liqueur, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake until the filing has set and begins to crack slightly on top, 22 to 25 minutes. Allow the tart to cool completely, about 1 hour.
For the apricot cream: Beat the cream at high speed until stiff peaks form, using a hand mixer. Add the jam and vanilla. Beat until the jam is incorporated into the cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.