- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Four 6-ounce halibut fillets, each about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Arugula Salsa Verde, recipe follows
- Lemon wedges for garnish, optional
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the fish topping: Mix the chives, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl. Cover and chill. This can be prepared 4 hours ahead, but keep chilled.
For the baked halibut: Coat the halibut fillets all over with the olive oil. Place the fish on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and chive-lemon topping, pressing slightly to adhere. Bake the fish just until opaque in the center, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer 1 fish fillet to each of 4 plates. Spoon the Arugula Salsa Verde alongside. Serve with the lemon wedges, if using.
Arugula Salsa Verde:
- 1 cup finely chopped arugula
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon (about 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Stir the arugula, parsley, olive oil, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and red pepper together in a small bowl. Cover and chill. The salsa can be prepared 4 hours ahead, but let it stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: Calories: 349; Total Fat: 23 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 32 grams; Total carbohydrates: 3 grams; Sugar: 1 gram; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 85 milligrams; Sodium: 1,219 milligrams