Bibb Salad with Parmesan Butter Crostini
- 1/2 baguette loaf, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head Bibb or butterhead lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/3 packed cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3 packed cup mint leaves, chopped
For the crostini: Place an oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. In a small bowl, using a fork, mix the butter and cheese together until smooth.
For the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and oil until combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the lettuce, fennel, basil, and mint in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
To serve: Spread the Parmesan butter on the toasted bread and serve alongside the salad.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Boston Bibb Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash, Georgia Pecans, Blue Cheese and Warm Bacon-Brown Sugar Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse