- 2 cups cooked couscous, prepared according to package instructions and cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup mild mango chutney
In a medium bowl, mix together the couscous, cilantro, egg, egg yolk, coriander, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Mix until combined.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Form 1/4 cupfuls of the mixture into 8 patties. Add 4 of the patties to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining couscous mixture.
Serve the couscous cakes with mango chutney.