Egg, Gorgonzola and Pancetta Sandwiches
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 12 very thin slices pancetta
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) slices whole-wheat bread
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, Gorgonzola, lemon zest, mayonnaise, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if using. Spread the mixture evenly over 3 slices of the bread. Crumble the pancetta and sprinkle over the egg mixture. Place the remaining bread slices on top.
Cut the sandwiches in half and arrange on a serving platter.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis