Fish Minestrone with Herb Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white parts only), thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup bite-size pieces green beans
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 to 6 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Herb Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Fish Minestrone: Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the leeks, carrots, zucchini, and green beans. Stir to combine and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the beans and the chicken broth. Cook until the broth is simmering and the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season the fish filets with the salt and pepper and add them to the simmering soup. Simmer until the fish is cooked, about 7 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
For the Herb Sauce: While the fish cooks, combine the parsley, oregano, garlic, and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse the machine until the herbs are almost a paste. Add the olive oil in a steady stream while the machine is running. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with a spoonful of the herb sauce. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.