- 1 1/3 cups Ginger Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups 100% apple juice, chilled
- 1 cup dark rum, chilled
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling water, chilled
- 1 green or red apple, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
In a pitcher, combine the simple syrup, apple juice, rum, and sparkling water. To serve, fill a martini shaker with ice and add about 1 cup of the rum mixture. Shake well and pour into martini glasses. Garnish with apple slices and serve.
Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and ginger over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.