Grilled Beef Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Relish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 pound) beef tri-tip, trimmed, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 48 cubes)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 10 to 12 tomatoes)
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed, or 1/2 cup frozen and thawed corn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Special equipment: 12 wooden or metal 8-inch skewers (see Cook's Note)
For the beef: In a resealable plastic bag or glass bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and beef. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Remove the meat from the marinade and season with salt. Thread 4 pieces of meat onto each skewer and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-well. Arrange the skewers on a platter.
For the relish: In a small bowl, combine the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, corn, and olive oil. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, add the avocado, feta cheese, and parsley. Gently toss and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the relish alongside the beef skewers.
Cook's Note: To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.