- 2 lemons, juiced, plus 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium heads Belgian endive, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch circles
- 1 medium green apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese, rind removed and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 avocado, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, or the seeds of 1 small pomegranate
- 2/3 cup defrosted corn kernels or 1/2 ear corn, cooked and kernels removed
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
Put the endive and apples into a large decorative serving bowl. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the bowl and toss to coat the endive and apples so they don't turn brown. Add the cheese and avocado, and then add the cranberries and corn.
Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and toss to coat.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis