Mini Meatball Sandies
- 1/4 cup finely crushed corn cereal (such as Corn Flakes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces 96-percent lean ground beef
- Twelve 2 1/2-inch diameter sweet dinner rolls, halved, such as King's Hawaiian
Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cereal, parsley, egg, oil, 1 tablespoon ketchup, cheese, salt, and pepper. Add the ground beef and gently stir to combine. With damp hands, roll the mixture into 12 mini meatballs. Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes Cool for 10 minutes.
Make an indentation in the center of the bottom half of a roll. Slice a meatball in half and put in the indentation. Add about 1 teaspoon of ketchup to the meatballs and cover with the top half of the roll. Repeat with the remaining rolls and filling.
Arrange the sandies on a platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.