- One 28-ounce jar tomato-basil sauce, such as Giada De Laurentiis for Target
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 7- to 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, sliced into six 1/4- to 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere
- Serving suggestion: grilled bread
- Special equipment: six 5-ounce ramekins
Preheat the broiler.
Place six 5-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide the sauce equally among the ramekins. Divide the prosciutto among the ramekins. Place the slices of mozzarella between 3 paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. Place the slices of mozzarella on top of the prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Gruyere on top.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Fresh Mozzarella and Stacked Heirloom Tomato Salad with Green Chile-Cilantro Oil and Chipotle Vinegar
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay