- One 28-ounce jar tomato-basil sauce, such as Giada De Laurentiis for Target
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 7- to 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, sliced into six 1/4- to 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere
- Serving suggestion: grilled bread
- Special equipment: six 5-ounce ramekins
Preheat the broiler.
Place six 5-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide the sauce equally among the ramekins. Divide the prosciutto among the ramekins. Place the slices of mozzarella between 3 paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. Place the slices of mozzarella on top of the prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Gruyere on top.