Mushroom and Pecorino Salad
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup (about 5-ounces) crumbled Pecorino Romano
Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Layer the mushrooms on the bottom of a straight-sided glass salad bowl. Place the celery in the same medium bowl used to toss the mushrooms. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Layer the celery on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the parsley over the celery. Sprinkle the crumbled cheese over the parsley. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.