- 1 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup (about 5-ounces) crumbled Pecorino Romano
Place the mushrooms in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Layer the mushrooms on the bottom of a straight-sided glass salad bowl. Place the celery in the same medium bowl used to toss the mushrooms. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Layer the celery on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the parsley over the celery. Sprinkle the crumbled cheese over the parsley. Serve.