Panino alla Margherita
- 2 slices (1/2-inch-thick; about 2 ounces) fresh mozzarella
- 2 slices (1/2-inch-thick) rustic white bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices (1/4-inch-thick) tomato
- 6 medium fresh basil leaves or 3 large
- 2 teaspoons (about) olive oil
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the mozzarella atop 1 bread slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the tomato slices and then the basil leaves. Top with the second bread slice. Brush both sides of the sandwich with the oil.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis