- 2 to 4 slices (3 ounces total) fontina cheese
- 2 slices (1/2-inch-thick) rustic white bread
- 2 paper-thin slices red onion (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 to 2 paper-thin slices (1/2-ounce) prosciutto
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
Place 1 to 2 slices of fontina atop 1 bread slice. Top with the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Then add spinach and prosciutto. Add the remaining slice(s) of fontina. Top with the second bread slice. Brush both sides of the sandwich with the oil.