Ravioli with Spicy Sage Butter
- 1 pound ricotta and spinach ravioli
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 16 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sage, paprika, and pepper flakes. Cook until the butter sizzles and begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt. Pour the butter sauce over the pasta and gently toss until coated. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis