Roasted Baby Potatoes with Herbs
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes (about 1 3/4-inch diameter), scrubbed
- 1/2 pound small white-skinned potatoes (about 1 3/4-inch diameter), scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the potatoes into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended, and then pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to a heavy large baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs, about 1 hour. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a decorative platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence, if desired. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis