Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
- 18 red pearl onions, peeled
- 2 large carrots, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/3-inch-wide pieces
- 2 large parsnips, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 5-ounce bag baby arugula
- 1 ripe pear, halved, cored, cut into thin wedges
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the onions, carrots and parsnips. Add the oil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly. Scatter the vegetables on a large nonstick rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and roast until tender and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Set the vegetables aside.
In a salad bowl, combine the arugula, pear slices and roasted vegetables. Add the Apple Cider Vinaigrette and toss until coated. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and serve.Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in the oil. Yield: about 2/3 cup.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Vegetable-Steak Salad, Roasted Root Vegetables with Spicy Pepitas and Horseradish Creme Fraiche, Roasted Root Vegetable Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Broccoli Side Dish Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Ratatouille Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.