Roasted Vegetable Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 1-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Six 6 1/2 or 7 1/2-inch diameter corn or whole grain tortillas
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chipotle Cream:
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup sour cream or refrigerated egg-free mayonnaise, such as Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
For the vegetables: Toss the zucchini, bell pepper, squash, oil, cumin, oregano and salt in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the vegetables are golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
For the tostadas: Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil using a pastry brush. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the tortillas until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
For the cream: Mix the pepper, sour cream, lime juice and agave until smooth in a small bowl.
Spoon the vegetables on top of the tostadas and serve with a dollop of the chipotle cream
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller