Roasted Vegetable Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 1-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Six 6 1/2 or 7 1/2-inch diameter corn or whole grain tortillas
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chipotle Cream:
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup sour cream or refrigerated egg-free mayonnaise, such as Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
For the vegetables: Toss the zucchini, bell pepper, squash, oil, cumin, oregano and salt in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the vegetables are golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
For the tostadas: Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil using a pastry brush. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the tortillas until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
For the cream: Mix the pepper, sour cream, lime juice and agave until smooth in a small bowl.
Spoon the vegetables on top of the tostadas and serve with a dollop of the chipotle cream
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fennel-Roasted Vegetables, Roasted Vegetable Tabbouleh with Grilled Flat Bread and Yogurt-Tahini Dressing, Roasted Root Vegetables with Spicy Pepitas and Horseradish Creme Fraiche, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Arugula, Mexican Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.