- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup finely diced salami
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola
- Special equipment: 1-inch diameter cookie cutter
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a food processor combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse 2 to 3 times until mixed. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Transfer the biscuit mixture to a medium bowl. Add the buttermilk, salami, and Gorgonzola. Stir until the mixture forms a ball. Turn the mixture out on a floured surface. Roll to 1/2-inch thick. Using a 1-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out the biscuits and place them 2 baking sheets.
Bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.