Sea Bass alla Fiorentina
- c4 (6-ounce) pieces sea bass
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Put the flour in a shallow bowl, dredge the fish, tapping off the excess flour to create a light coating.
In a medium nonstick fry pan, heat the 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook the fish until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a plate.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, water, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the basil and the fish and heat for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay