Spinach Salad in a Parmesan Frico Cup
- For the Parmesan Frico Cups:
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Spinach Salad:
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 6 cups)
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Special equipment: a silpat mat, a muffin tin, and a small drinking glass
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the Parmesan Frico Cups:
Place a silpat mat on a baking sheet. Place 6 (1/4-cup) mounds of Parmesan cheese on the mat and gently tap down until each mound is flat and 4 1/2 to 5 inches in diameter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Working quickly, use a thin spatula to transfer the Parmesan Frico to a muffin tin. Gently place a small drinking glass on top of the Parmesan Frico to mold it into the shape 1 of the muffin cups. Let cool until firm, about 5 minutes. Continue with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
Combine all the ingredients in a jar or a tight-sealing plastic container. Shake to blend.
For the Spinach Salad:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.