Tres Leches Tiramisu
- Spicy Chocolate Tres Leches:
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 24 soft ladyfingers
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
For the spicy chocolate tres leches: In a small saucepan, whisk together the half-and-half, unsweetened cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the coffee liqueur. Cool before using.
For the whipped cream: Pour the cream into a medium bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and mascarpone. Mix until well combined.
Dip the ladyfingers in the chocolate tres leches. Place 2 to 3 ladyfingers in the bottom of each trifle dish. Top with 1 tablespoon of the chocolate tres leches. Top with 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream mixture, and then a few pieces of mango and raspberries. Repeat the layers and garnish the top of each trifle with fruit pieces. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis