- 2 pound turkey breast, skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tuna Sauce:
- 6 ounces canned white meat tuna, packed in olive oil do not drain
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 anchovy fillet, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
Season the turkey with salt, pepper and herbs. Coat with olive oil, place in a baking pan and pour the chicken broth around the turkey. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch slices, on an angle. Allow to sit in baking pan with juices as you make sauce.
In the bowl of a food processor add the tuna, anchovy, lemon juice and capers. Puree until creamy, about 1 minute. Pour the tuna mixture into a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise.
Place the slices of turkey on a platter and pour the tuna sauce on top. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis