- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pitas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.