- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 8 to 12 stalks asparagus, blanched
- 8 to 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 head lettuce, optional
- Tomato wedges, optional
Mix all ingredients for dressing together and let it set overnight. Do not refrigerate.
Marinate the asparagus in the dressing for 10 minutes.
Wrap 2 to 3 asparagus with prosciutto.
Serve on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, if using, and spoon dressing on top.