- 8 lychees
- 2 medium strawberries, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons hibiscus powder (may substitute granulated sugar)
- Sake Passion Infusion, recipe follows
- Elderflower liqueur (recommended: St. Germain)
- 16 (2-inch strips) orange peels (using vegetable peeler
Stuff lychees with the strawberry pieces. Rim dampened martini glasses with hibiscus powder. Fill mixing glass with ice. For each drink, add 3 ounces of the sake infusion, 1/2 ounce Elderflower liqueur, and 2 large pieces of orange zest. Shake ingredients in a Boston Shaker and pour into prepped martini glasses. Garnish with stuffed lychees.
Sake Passion Infusion:
- 750 ml bottle genmai sake
- 4 bags hibiscus and passion fruit tea (recommended: Tazo's Passion)
Pour sake into a medium bowl or pitcher. Add tea bags and steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
Yield: 1 (750 ml) bottle
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep time: 15 minutes