- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups tornup green leaf lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup tornup radicchio, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, cut into 12 thin slices
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium size bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Mix the lettuce and radicchio in a salad bowl. Just before serving pour on the dressing and toss.
Divide the salad among 4 salad plates. Place 3 apples slices on one side of each salad, and one quarter of the fennel on the other side. Sprinkle the pecans all over the salads.