- 6 to 8 grape leaves (sold in a jar), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 3/4-to-1-pound round piece goat cheese, such as bucheron, at room temperature (or 2 smaller pieces, stacked)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Crusty bread, for serving
Preheat a grill to medium high. Wrap the grape leaves around the cheese to cover it completely; tie with kitchen twine.
Brush the wrapped cheese with olive oil and grill, turning once, until the leaves begin to char and the cheese is soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix 1/4 cup olive oil, the rosemary, red pepper flakes and salt to taste in a bowl. Transfer the warm cheese to a serving plate, pour the oil on top and remove the twine. Serve with bread.
Photograph by Con Poulos