- 2 pints fresh local blackberries
- 2 tablespoons baker's sugar, plus 1/2 cup, plus more for cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for cream
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 to 4 sprigs mint, leaves chiffonade
In a medium bowl, add 1 pint of blackberries, 2 tablespoons of baker's sugar, half of the lemon zest, half of the lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium.
Cut the pound cake into 8 even rectangular slices. Cut a V-shape out of 1 side of each section and grill the slices over medium heat until grill marks appear.
For the blackberry sauce: Blitz together in a blender the remaining 1/2 cup of baker's sugar, 1 pint of blackberries, remaining lemon zest and lemon juice and a little water, if needed, to make a smooth sauce.
Whip the cream in a small bowl with a hand mixer, and add some sugar and cinnamon, to taste. Arrange the pound cake on a serving platter. Put some of the macerated berries inside the cut out V-shape of each pound cake section. Top with blackberry sauce and whipped cream. Garnish with sprig of mint and serve.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Green Bay Packers Team Tundra Menu/Recipes