Ain't No Thing Butta Chicken Wing
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 pounds chicken wings, sectioned into wings and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons reserved spice mixture, from above
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (recommended: Crystal hot sauce)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
In a medium bowl, combine all of the spices. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Rinse the wings and pat dry. Add the wings to bowl with the spice mixture and stir to coat well. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat with direct and indirect heat or preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the grill: Cook the wings over direct heat until they are good and crispy, about 15 to 25 minutes. Turn them over and put them on indirect heat, turning frequently, as needed.
Oven method: Line a baking sheet with a nonstick wire rack. Arrange the wings on the rack and bake them for 45 to 55 minutes, turning halfway through.
While the wings are grilling, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, garlic and jalapeno. Saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture and 12 ounces of hot sauce. Bring to a simmer, add the butter, vinegar and lime juice. Hold warm until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, add the wings to a large serving bowl, pour in the sauce and toss.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.