Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Corn
- 1 ear corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for rubbing the corn
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe but firm avocadoes, pitted and diced
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
Rub the shucked corn with olive oil and place onto the grill and cook until nicely charred on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Allow to cool slightly prior to removing the kernels and transferring to a large bowl.
Add the cherry tomatoes, avocados, black beans and onions to the grilled corn kernels.
Mix together the 2 tablespoons olive oil, agave, cumin, garlic, lime juice, serrano, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to taste in a separate bowl. Whisk together, as you would to make a vinaigrette, and pour over the corn mixture. Mix together gently so everything is coated well, and then fold in the cilantro and scallions.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri