Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Corn
- 1 ear corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for rubbing the corn
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe but firm avocadoes, pitted and diced
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
Rub the shucked corn with olive oil and place onto the grill and cook until nicely charred on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Allow to cool slightly prior to removing the kernels and transferring to a large bowl.
Add the cherry tomatoes, avocados, black beans and onions to the grilled corn kernels.
Mix together the 2 tablespoons olive oil, agave, cumin, garlic, lime juice, serrano, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to taste in a separate bowl. Whisk together, as you would to make a vinaigrette, and pour over the corn mixture. Mix together gently so everything is coated well, and then fold in the cilantro and scallions.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse