Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Bacon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Two 15 1/2-ounce cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices cooked applewood smoked bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped, for garnish
Make the vinaigrette by combining the oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard. Whisk well and then add in the black-eyed peas. Fold in the bacon, scallions, bell peppers and onions. Season well with salt and pepper. Garnish with the chopped scallion. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.