- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/3 tablespoons (1/3 cup) unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch-square glass baking dish with cooking spray .
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Beat the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add the brown sugar and beat 3 to 4 more minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in the hazelnuts, coconut and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes in the pan before slicing.