Cajun Crab and Asparagus Pie
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri Food Cookbook
This recipe is dedicated to anyone who thinks of pizza only in terms of pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. Open the door to the wild, wild[ world of pizza.]
- Cajun Alfredo Sauce:
- Makes 1 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon minced garlic 18 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 18 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg 18 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 14 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika 34 cup heavy cream
- 14 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes to create a roux. Lower the heat to medium, add the garlic, cayenne, ancho chile, nutmeg, cracked pepper, and paprika and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the cream, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.