- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 4 cups baby greens
- Prepared Vegetables, recipe follows
- Sherry Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Add the water to a small saucepan over high heat. Add the salt, butter and the smashed garlic clove and bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, season with pepper and additional salt, if needed, and let cool.
On a medium-size platter, pile the cooled couscous into the center, ring it with the greens, then neatly arrange the remaining vegetables in individual segments. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- 1/4 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 1/4 pound) nicoise olives
- 1/2 cup jarred prepared mushrooms, best quality
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced 1/8-inch thick on the diagonal
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat and add the green beans. Blanch for 2 minutes, then remove to an ice bath and let cool.