Creamy Wild Rice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon small diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon small diced celery
- 1 tablespoon small diced onion
- 1 tablespoon small diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons small diced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley leaves
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the vegetables and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with the salt, black pepper and cayenne. Stir in the cream and add the cooked wild rice and the mustard. Combine well and reduce the heat. Simmer until the cream has thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if necessary, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.