- 3 fresh corn on the cob, preferably white, with husk
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
Lightly oil the corn and slightly roast on a grill or grill pan. Meanwhile, char the bell peppers on an open burner flame, or oil them lightly and char under the broiler. Let corn cool and cut kernels from husk. Peel and dice the bell peppers.
In a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon and cook until crispy, then remove from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add onions, jalapeno pepper and peppers to bacon fat; saute for 3 minutes. Then add corn and celery and saute until celery is al dente. Add flour and stir until lightly browned. Add white wine and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper.