- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup rum
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons Curry Oil, recipe follows
- 1 cup onions
- 1 teaspoon diced, seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 pound 80/20 ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
- Dough, recipe follows
In a medium saute pan, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add onions, jalapeno, ginger, and lamb; cook until lamb is cooked through.
To the lamb mixture, add all the other ingredients, along with the remaining rum-soaked raisins. Remove from heat and let cool.
On a floured cutting board, roll out dough to 1/8-inch. Cut out 5-inch diameter disks.
Add one tablespoon lamb mixture to each disk of dough. Fold dough over and seal edges firmly with thumb. Repeat process.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoons turmeric
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 whole red chiles, crushed
Bring entire mixture to simmer for 2 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt and sugar. Add shortening into flour and mix until crumbled, then mix in water and eggs.
Knead for 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes before rolling out.