- 8 ounces pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for dough
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups White Sauce, recipe follows
- 3 Meatballs, broken up, recipe follows
- Chopped cooked bacon, for topping
- Chopped Canadian bacon, for topping
- Chopped ham, for topping
Special Equipment: pizza stone
Preheat oven with a pizza stone to 500 degrees F.
Sprinkle some cornmeal onto a clean work surface. Roll the dough out to form a 10-inch round. Sprinkle the back of a sheet pan with cornmeal and place pizza on top. Spread with white sauce then top with the broken up meatballs, bacon, Canadian bacon and ham. Bake until dough is cooked through, golden and crispy and sauce is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For the White Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons course ground black pepper
In large pot, over medium heat, add the butter, onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent. Stir in the flour and when flour starts to bubble, whisk in the chicken stock, and remaining ingredients. Remove from stove and let cool.
Yield: 1 quart
For the meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3/4 cups finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400 to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Let sit 15 minutes, then form into 2 to 3- ounce balls. Place on a sheet tray and bake 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
Yield: about 18 meatballs