- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup peppadew peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 pounds baby Yukon potatoes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 pound bacon, diced
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
In small mixing bowl combine sour cream, peppadew peppers, and white wine. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In large stock pot cover potatoes with water and add 2 tablespoons salt. Set heat on high and boil until fork tender.
In a large saute pan over medium heat cook bacon and saute onions until caramelized. Transfer bacon and onions from pan on to a paper towel to absorb grease. Distribute evenly on a platter and keep warm. Leave remaining fat in pan.
When potatoes are fork tender, drain, and with a clean kitchen towel, palm smash the hot potatoes to approximately 1/3-inch thick.
Reheat fat in saute pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat to oil medium heat and place potatoes in oil. Season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides, then transfer to onion and bacon platter. Repeat, adding more oil, until all potatoes are cooked crispy.