Parmesan Crisps with Pancetta and Roma Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons julienne fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine Parmesan, paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
On a parchment lined cookie sheet, add the Parmesan mixture in 2 tablespoon dots, 2 inches apart.
Place in preheated oven and cook until cheese melts.
Remove from oven and when cheese is cool enough to handle but still moldable, remove and form into small taco type shells
In a small saute pan cook pancetta until crispy, remove and let cool. When cool, crumble with your hands.
In a small bowl add tomatoes, basil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil, and toss gently to combine.
Add tomato mixture to Parmesan crisps and top with pancetta.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri, 2008